Subject: Re: More on locore.s optimizations...
To: None <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: David S. Miller <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/20/1995 18:00:44
   Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 13:35:43 -0400
   From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>

   If anyone would care to send me the docs I'd need (eg, the MMU
   interface, which I know little about), I could probably undertake to
   write a simulator.  I've already done one for the PDP-11.  (It crawls
   "like a high spiral snail", to quote I think the sendmail docs, but it
   does work.)

Many people have at least begun to undertake such a project, in fact
one of my Linux port team members got a somewhat functional simulator
of a 'generic' sparc chip, ie. register windows and such work plus a
couple traps.  Perhaps we should put together our efforts instead of
rewriting and reinventing the wheel.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu