Subject: NetBSD support SPARCprinter card?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/20/1995 11:31:54
I have access to three SPARCstation 2's at work that I'm just dying to
install NetBSD on.  Unfortunately, two are going to be people's desktop
machines (who need to run SunOS).  The remaining machine is sitting on my
desk and I can do whatever I want to it, with one problem:  It's hooked
up to a LaserJet III printer via a SPARCprinter SBus card.  The driver is
a SunOS loadable kernel module.  Does NetBSD (either 1.0 or -current)
support this kind of parallel port?  If it does, it'll be a piece of cake
for me to load up Ghostscript and provide print services just as I was
doing under SunOS.  If not, the only other option is to spring $50 on one
of those non-standard Sun printer cables to plug it into a SPARC 20 (the
current cable connector is too tall and the latches are the wrong shape
to attach to the SPARC 20 printer port).  Any suggestions?

     Jake Hamby                         |   E-Mail:  jehamby@lightside.com
  Student, Cal Poly University, Pomona  |   System Administrator, JPL