Subject: Re: -current/4110
To: Chris Cappuccio <ccappuc@satelnet.org>
From: David Jones <dej@achilles.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/19/1995 23:36:49
> croaked out on my Quantum Lightning ProDrive 365mb..  lun0-whatever of it
> were all given a separate scsi id.. not good :) plus the paramaters it

Old bug - has been fixed.  The old 5380 driver shaved the SCSI spec
a bit and the Quantums made the error apparent.

> Anyways, to amke a dumb story short, after it said 'root on sd0a', it
> paniced with an invalid this or that <INVAL> so on and so forth.  Does
> this simply mean i must reformat (or at least newfs) using the paramaters
> that netbsd scalps from the drive firmware? the kernel i tried was aug
> 30th or so with separate sun4 si patches.. and what about the quantum
> being on every lun or something.. i am not too competent about how scsi
> stuff is susposed to work..  please excuse :)

Well - by Aug. 30 you should have had the LUN patches.  Hmm...

As for panicing, is the root a SunOS root or a NetBSD root?  If the former,
then did you have SunOS emulation turned on?  Be aware that the emulation
isn't perfect or complete, and some of the more systemish commands
(format comes to mind) won't run under NetBSD emulation.