Subject: -current/4110
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Cappuccio <ccappuc@satelnet.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/19/1995 18:45:12
A while ago, someone gave me their netbsd-current kernel binary built for
sun4 (4/110 tested for them at least) and they said, and i quite, "it
works like a _champ_".  err i quote.. anyways, i didn't have any such
luck.  It identified my esdi<->scsi emulex md21 fine, lun0 had my first
esdi drive and lun1 was empty (room for second esdi...)  anyways, it
croaked out on my Quantum Lightning ProDrive 365mb..  lun0-whatever of it
were all given a separate scsi id.. not good :) plus the paramaters it
was using are the actual paramaters from the drive and not the ones
'burned' in (if i can say that ;) with the sunos format program.
Anyways, to amke a dumb story short, after it said 'root on sd0a', it
paniced with an invalid this or that <INVAL> so on and so forth.  Does
this simply mean i must reformat (or at least newfs) using the paramaters
that netbsd scalps from the drive firmware? the kernel i tried was aug
30th or so with separate sun4 si patches.. and what about the quantum
being on every lun or something.. i am not too competent about how scsi
stuff is susposed to work..  please excuse :)

Peace,

Chris