Subject: Re: Processes hanging
To: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@demon.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/18/1995 16:25:58

>                 D       Marks a process in disk (or other short term, uninter-
>                         ruptible) wait.
>
>    Is this esp.c hanging up on me again? The curious thing is that I've just
>    made a current kernel with no hanging, I suspect the what that X11R6's
>    method of build is tickling a bug in the esp.c disk driver.
>
> maybe, but, i've recently built R6pl12 twice on my sparc without a
> problem like this.

yeah, I just finished compiling after a reboot, We had a poqwer cut a
couple of weeks ago, and it wiped out my network at home, I'm thinking that
maybe a few spikes messed up the memory on the machine, I don't know
anything about this sort of things, it's just a guess. Since reboot
the machine has been fine.

Neil.

--
Neil J. McRae.                                            Demon Internet
neil@demon.net