Subject: Re: Up and running... now for the improvements...
To: None <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@anarres.mame.mu.oz.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/17/1995 08:58:19
> 	I have my Sun4/260 finally up and running all on it's own
> disks and running to an old terminal that I dredged up.
> [..]
> 	One last question.  zs0 seems to have an 'a' and a 'b'
> sub-device.  The kernel seems to detect a zs1 --- does that mean that
> there is anoter (possibly set) of serial ports?  The back of the
> memroy card has something that looks like a serial port.

Assuming the setup is the same as every other sparc machine I've seen,
you don't have extra serial ports you can use for tty's (sorry).

The motherboard has 2 `zs' Zilog serial controller chips, each of
these has two serial ports. The first controller gives us the tty
ports (zs0a, which you'll be using for console - check dmesg for
confirmation, and zs0b). The second controller is used for the
keyboard and mouse, if attached.

--
Dan.