Subject: Re: Processes hanging
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@demon.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/17/1995 15:35:54
> Any ideas? if I attact to the hung processes I get nothing from kdump...
> I suspect most of the above are waiting for other proceses to return.
> Note that this is not the same hanging I was experiencing before, this time
> the disk is still running ok and I can do things, like send this email :-)
>
> I'm going to leave this machine in this state in the hope that someone
> can give me instructions on what to do next to see if we can find out
> what is causing this. It is damn annoying I can tell you.

I've just been reading a few pages here and there:

>From the ps(1) man page:

             D       Marks a process in disk (or other short term, uninter-
                     ruptible) wait.

Is this esp.c hanging up on me again? The curious thing is that I've just
made a current kernel with no hanging, I suspect the what that X11R6's
method of build is tickling a bug in the esp.c disk driver.

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae.                                            Demon Internet
neil@demon.net