Subject: Aug 22 -current crash
To: (NetBSD/sparc Maillist) <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Brownlee <D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/15/1995 09:52:00
	(I know its quite an old -current, but I've just supped a new
	one & am compiling now)

	I've had about 5 crashes on my previously stable NetBSD/sparc
	machine over the past few days. Nothing has been changed (except
	probably the load on it is higher as it deals with more mail & users).

	I get a 'panic: pmap_page_protect !PG_V'

	I guess this is a /sparc problem, but I'm ccing to current-users
	in case...

	Anyone have any ideas on this?

	Thanks

		David/abs

(no debugging symbols found)...
panic: pmap_page_protect !PG_V
#0  0xf8007730 in snapshot ()
(kgdb) where
#0  0xf8007730 in snapshot ()
#1  0xf8007738 in snapshot ()
#2  0xf80af6fc in boot ()
#3  0xf8018b68 in panic ()
#4  0xf80b3074 in pmap_page_protect ()
#5  0xf808e7e4 in vm_fault ()
#6  0xf80b563c in mem_access_fault ()
#7  0xf80062fc in start ()
#8  0xf8007380 in copyout ()
#9  0xf80b4ea0 in trap ()
#10 0xf8006414 in start ()
(kgdb)

 D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk (MIME) +44 171 477 8186  {post,host}master  (abs)
Network Analyst, UCS, City University, Northampton Square, London EC1V 0HB.
        <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.org >>>