Subject: Re: kernel help
To: None <neil@demon.net, bwalker@musings.com>
From: Pete Delaney <pete@kesa26.Kesa.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/01/1995 16:37:15
Hi Brad:

> Yep, I do. I did several SBus SCSI host adapters. Also, when I was booting
> the system I noticed that the kernel did have some problems with my archive
> DAT tape drive. I`m not sure if this is related to configuration or what.
> But, from looking at the driver code there are a few spots where we bang
> on the chip at the wrong time..
I've got an Archive DAT drive also and reciently I've been having trouble
reading tapes. The esp code looks like it's getting into a bad state,
perhaps by trying a scsi reset on the device. I have to power off the
Archive to get it working again. It's left in a state blinking.

> You're the second person to mention to me that I need to work on the esp
> stuff. Maybe that's my calling...

I've found the scsi protocol rather gross, particulary the disconect with
time critical responces.

> -brad w.

-pete