Subject: Re: kernel help
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, Brad.Walker@corp.sun.com>
From: Pete Delaney <pete@rockymountain.rahul.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/01/1995 06:20:12
   > I've recently brought up NetBSD on my sparc at home. Things seem to
   > be working great. But, I've noticed some things are missing. Things
   > like STREAMS and other varius sundry things in the kernel.

I think the SOCKET code that Sam Leffer did is a lot better, but
for portability with stuff like dp2.3 it may be woth adding; as long
as it's limited to tty stuff as Dennis Ritchie intended.

   >                                                            Anyways,
   > I work at Sun on kernel issues and device drivers. I deal with SBus
   > cards and the hardware extensively.

Do you think you current exposure to Sun sources could be a legal problem.
You may be tainted. I thing the whole subject is absurd, but I'd hate to
go thru the BSD vs AT&T thing again.

   > I would like to contribute to the group. Do you think that the NetBSD
   > group could use my services..

I'd appreciate it.