Subject: Re: kernel help
To: None <neil@demon.net>
From: Brad Walker <bwalker@musings.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/01/1995 09:20:13
> From owner-port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG Fri Sep  1 06:16 PDT 1995
> From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil@demon.net>
> Subject: Re: kernel help
> To: Brad.Walker@corp.sun.com (Brad Walker)
> Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 10:50:01 +0100 (BST)
> Cc: port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG
>

> > I've recently brought up NetBSD on my sparc at home. Things seem to
> > be working great. But, I've noticed some things are missing. Things
> > like STREAMS and other varius sundry things in the kernel. Anyways,
> > I work at Sun on kernel issues and device drivers. I deal with SBus
> > cards and the hardware extensively.
> >
> > I would like to contribute to the group. Do you think that the NetBSD
> > group could use my services..
> >
> > -brad w.
>
> Oh yes pulease! If you know anything about esp drivers!
>
> Neil.
>
> --
> Neil J. McRae.                                            Demon Internet
> neil@demon.net
>     NetBSD: There is no <a href="http://www.NetBSD.ORG/">substitute.</a>

Yep, I do. I did several SBus SCSI host adapters. Also, when I was booting
the system I noticed that the kernel did have some problems with my archive
DAT tape drive. I`m not sure if this is related to configuration or what.
But, from looking at the driver code there are a few spots where we bang
on the chip at the wrong time..

You're the second person to mention to me that I need to work on the esp
stuff. Maybe that's my calling...

-brad w.