Subject: Re: kernel help
To: Brad Walker <bwalker@musings.com>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@demon.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/01/1995 17:52:38

> Yep, I do. I did several SBus SCSI host adapters. Also, when I was booting
> the system I noticed that the kernel did have some problems with my archive
> DAT tape drive. I`m not sure if this is related to configuration or what.
> But, from looking at the driver code there are a few spots where we bang
> on the chip at the wrong time..
>
> You're the second person to mention to me that I need to work on the esp
> stuff. Maybe that's my calling...
>
> -brad w.

My boss Peter Galbavy wrote the original driver, but we all work 29 hour
days here at Demon and he hasn't had any time to do anything more in the
fixes department, I'd love for real work to be done on this, I use, much to
everyones amusement, an IPX for a workstation, and having the disk freeze on
you is a pain in the backside I can tell you, and everytime it happens I
have to buy my colleage a beer, he's a PC nut. :-)

I'd echo the other comments about making sure that you are free to work on
NetBSD, it would be cool to have you on board I can tell you.

Neil
--
Neil J. McRae.                                            Demon Internet
neil@demon.net