Subject: Re: X on Sun 4...
To: John Stone <johns@cs.umr.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/28/1995 19:59:48
On Mon, 28 Aug 1995 21:53:23 -0500 (CDT)
 John Stone <johns@cs.umr.edu> wrote:

 > I have X going on a 4/110 with mouse working, I remember the same problem
 > with the mouse.  As I remember Theo and I found that the baud rate of
 > the mouse isn't set right at boot, Theo fixed it so I don't remember
 > the details.  Basically, with the mouse hosed, you'll get the windows
 > popping up but no window manager, or maybe it comes up and dies soon, etc.

Yeah ... that's it ... Chuck tipped me off to it (thx, Chuck!)

 > You should be able to reproduce the zs fix fairly quickly,
 > I don't have any NetBSD source online, plus once again, this is something
 > that Theo did, so he'd be best to talk to.

Yeah ... it was easy to fix ... I haven't rebooted yet (the machine's at
home, I'm still at work), but I'm reasonably sure I've fixed it.  If
indeed it does work, I'll send a PR with the patch.

(Actually, the fix belongs in ms.c :-)