Subject: sparc -current questions (generic kernel + crashdumps)
To: (NetBSD/sparc Maillist) <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Brownlee <D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/22/1995 17:22:22
	I've just compiled a -current kernel on my ELC with

		config                netbsd  swap generic

	but when I try & boot off target 0 (disk3), it cannot find its root
	& dies. If I boot -a & specify sd0a as the root all is fine.
	Does the /sparc generic code work in -current?

	Also, I managed to crash it while running several satan processes
	(We need to scan our site to see what loopholes we have, and it
	was a free oportunity for me to fly the NetBSD flag :).

	'dbx -k' shows:

(kgdb) where
#0  0xf8016ebc in mi_switch ()
#1  0xf8016830 in tsleep ()
#2  0xf808e3dc in scheduler ()
#3  0xf800c5ac in main ()
#4  0xf8007118 in endtrapcode ()

	can anyone tell me what I should be lookin at?

		Thanks!
				abs

 D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk (MIME) +44 171 477 8186  {post,host}master  (abs)
Network Analyst, UCS, City University, Northampton Square, London EC1V 0HB.
   <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.city.ac.uk >>>