Subject: Re: take out the papers and the trash...
To: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@theos.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/04/1995 08:16:41
> > [ sorry, but to properly respond to Paul R.'s mail, the following
> >   _had_ to be done. ]
> >

> > Theo,

> > > It's available on request from Theo.  Email him.
>
> paul isn't quite correct: only 2 people have access to my source tree.

That was my point, exactly.  His statement was not correct.
The reason for the []'d comment was that i _could not_ leave his
(incorrect) statement unchallenged.  Indeed, if i could have debunked
his statement without involving you, then i would have -- but
because of the nature the statement, that was obviously not possible.

I don't dispute your right to do _whatever you'd like_ with your code;
never have, never will.  Indeed, i think i _agree_ with some of your
reasons for witholding it.  But that wasn't the point.

However, when you have people claiming on your behalf that all people
have to do to get your code is send you mail, you should certainly
expect to get mail about it!

cgd