Subject: Re: take out the papers and the trash...
To: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@theos.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/04/1995 07:56:42
On Fri, 04 Aug 1995 02:01:07 -0600
 Theo de Raadt <deraadt@theos.com> wrote:

 > heard all the arguments about sending in patches: "hey jason -- would
 > you be doing extensive hp300 modifications if you had to do it with
 > someone else doing the commits?"

Y'know, I figured you'd ask.  My answer:

	Yes.  I would.  And, if I couldn't commit them myself, I
	would most certainly share my changes with the public either
	by encapsulating the diffs in a PR, or by simply posting the
	code.

An example of my doing this was when I got the `si' driver to work on my
4/260.  I had commit access, but it would not have been appropriate for
me to commit that driver.  Another fine example if the C library YP code
that recently went into the tree.  In fact, I was a _middle person_
there.  Yet the code went in, and went in correctly.

Quite frankly, the fact that I am the hp300 port maintainer has nothing
to do with this discussion.