Subject: Re: take out the papers and the trash...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/04/1995 08:40:48
	Alot of people asked me to recompile the message as, admittedly,
	I wasn't very clear about it's message.

	First the original:

> 	If you can't create a new SPARC group that dumps the current
> 	SPARC coordinator for someone who can integrate new code then
> 	go elsewhere, plain and simple.
>
> 	We all know it's egos, you'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind
> 	not to know that by now.
>
> 	Form a new SPARC core and either replace the current person in
> 	charge of SPARC checkin, or if the NetBSD core refuses to let
> 	you do that, go over to FreeBSD as I'm sure they'd be overjoyed
> 	to have you! Linux too.

	Now the recompiled version:

	Alot of people feel wronged about the booting of Theo from checkin
	privledge. People have been argueing over this in public and private
	for months. It's time to stop arguing, neither side has budged
	much since it all began.

	The obvious solution is for Theo and his supporters to form their
	own group and move on to some place where they feel their needs are
	addressed. The rest of the SPARC people can work with the current
	NetBSD portmaster and both sides can move forward. This way SPARC
	moves ahead and this stupid fighting can end. I'm sure that's
	what everyone wants. Admit irreconcilable differences and move on!

	I now return you to the Nth+1 instantiation of this argument...

		-Rob