Subject: idea!
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: ccappuc <ccappuc@satelnet.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/30/1995 10:11:27
I have a sun 4/110 and I was thinking that if other people can use the
sunos init/sh/etc.. then why couldin't I.  I don't yet have the resources
for all of NetBSD but I thought just getting the kernel running would be
pretty good.  Now about the emulex md 21, I have an old esdi 135 meg hard
drive behind it (actually it's 141 but anyways) and umm it works fine
under the mac os (not that i would ever want to use a macintosh, i was
simply forced to one time, i used  hte macbsd install program to move
some files around on my sunos partition which i had messed up to get my
system running again since i have no floppy, tape, cdrom, etc..).  I
don't know if the macbsd install program handles the scsi device by
itself or uses the mac toolbox or whatever it is.. but it worked fine and
saved my ass :)
When I try to boot the latest netbsd kernel from the snapshot dir, it dies
somewhere around text: pc-0 i think, page= .. olr something .. hmm.. and
it goes <INVAL> and then a kernel panic and death.  I can recite
everything it gives me if anyone else wants to know..

Peace,

Chris