Subject: Re: problems upgrading 23/May current to "current"
To: George Michaelson <ggm@labtam.oz.au>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@demon.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/12/1995 11:29:10

> I have an IPX running code as of 23/May. I followed the (many bravos)
> online guide to getting to current from 1.0 and had good results.
>
> I have missed several iterations of Charles Hannums "you must rebuild
> tonight or you are toasted" directives in the last 6 weeks. I now
> find that a kernel will boot single user, but I panic in a call
> to mount going multi-user.
>
> I'm reluctant to just re-make mount and mount_* in case theres some
> more basic libc/crt/kstruct issue here.
>
> Is there a snapshot which is a stable platform to remake current from?

I had the same problem, It turned out to be mountd that was panicing the
kernel. remade mountd and no problems, Do you have NFS_SERVER=YES set in
/etc/netstart?

(I think it a tad iffy that mountd can panic a kernel)

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae.                                       Demon Internet
neil@demon.net