Subject: supported device list?
To: port-sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/21/1995 18:20:47
Hi,
    is there a list of supported devices (ie drivers already written)
for NetBSD anywhere?

  I'm thinking to buy a faster serial port, and the Magma LC2+1Sp
looks attractively priced (comparitively anyway).  drivers are
supplied for SunOS 4.1 and Solaris, naturally, but this isn't much
good to me. I don't mind learning how to write a device driver
(indeed, I'd quite like to) and write one myself, though obviously if
somebody else has done the work already then thats a plus..

  if it is not already supported, can anybody advise me if it would be
difficult?  the information I have says its based on the "Cirrus Logic
CD-1400 Serial/Parallel Communications Engine" if that means anything
- would I need to get the interface specs from Magma?

]ain