Subject: Re: progress... (?)
To: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@theos.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/15/1995 13:03:07
On Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:16:13 -0600
 Theo de Raadt <deraadt@theos.com> wrote:

 > i have a solution for this that works for sd disks on the esp, and
 > should work very easily for the si as well. it no longer makes an esp
 > assumption, works on floppy drives and ethernet, and should work
 > trivially for xy and xd. i also see no reason why it shouldn't work
 > fine for multiple controllers (except for one prom bug that i attempt
 > to work around).

Actually, I think I might have another way to do it was well...it popped
into my head as I consumed my morning latte...As soon as I make the
scribbles on my whiteboard more coherent...

 > this should be done in the driver. last i looked, there was at least one
 > other driver in the kernel tree that had the same failing...

My thought on this was that it's the device that is wanting the LUN to be
in the cdb, not the controller, and therefore should be Yet Another Quirk
for the MI SCSI code so that it `just worked' everywhere...but, alas,
it's still having some problems...

Moffet Field, CA 94035                                 Pager: 415.428.6939