Subject: Re: si driver on 4/260...
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/10/1995 12:55:34
On Sat, 10 Jun 1995 15:01:58 -0400
 "Charles M. Hannum" <mycroft@ai.mit.edu> wrote:

 > Are you using `swap generic'?  I noticed yesterday that it just
 > doesn't work on the SPARC port.

Yeah, but it doesn't work with hard-coded root and swap either.  The
place where bootdv get set is making a horrible assumption about having
an esp, and I think I know how to fix it, and will probably work on it
later today/tonight.

Actually, I think it'll be relatively trivial to make swapgeneric `work
for real' on Sun 4 boxes (those without an openprom...)

Moffet Field, CA 94035                                 Pager: 415.428.6939