Subject: Re: advantages of current over 1.0?
To: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/03/1995 09:01:48
> OK, OK, I can't take this Urban Legend stuff anymore!  :-)

Me too.

> I coulda *sworn* that I've seen both Charles and Peter get on here recently and
> talk about improving the SPARC SCSI driver.  I was still under the distinct
> impression that, although moving to a platform-independant SCSI subsystem is
> most definitely a Good Thing, the state of the current driver was still not up
> to snuff compared to the stability of the 1.0.

I can be :) When it breaks it break fail-safe - in that you just
cannot use your mahcine. I doesn't take any drives out (at least
that I know of). Paul K has checked in one fix which may work for
a large number of problematic drives. The problem (AFAIK) is in
the esp driver (my fault) but damned if I can see what the problem
is immediately. I suspect the error handling state machin is all
wrong.

Time. Now where did I put my spare ?

Regards,

--