Subject: Re: A new user's comments
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/01/1995 09:40:25
>> Unfortunately, unlike SunOS, there is no flag to -current to make it
>> ignore clean bits.
> if you run fsck without -p, it checks the disk regardless of the
> clean bits.

Yes, I know...if _that_ weren't true, I'd be yelling much more loudly.
But as I said, I've twice seen filesystems that needed fixing even
though their clean bits were set, so I want the old semantics of -p:
always check (and if I don't want to check, I'll fastboot instead of
reboot).  The fsck clean-bit changes made this impossible.  I just
added a flag so that I can tweak /etc/rc (fsck -p -i instead of just
fsck -p) and get what I want.

My upcoming move means I don't have a lot of time to fuss with NetBSD,
but putting my patch tree up for ftp (and send-pring some of the
patches) is one of the next things on my NetBSD queue.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu