Subject: Re: A new user's comments
To: Scott L. Burson <gyro@zeta-soft.com>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@demon.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/01/1995 14:35:43
> Hello,
>
> I just installed NetBSD/Sparc 1.0 on my machine for the first time.  Some
> comments about the installation procedure etc.:

I too recently installed NetBSD/Sparc 1.0, I had some problems as well,
however, everyone on the mailing lists have been very helpful, and now I have a
really cool NetBSD/Sparc box, I have now upgraded to current and I have X,
and everything else running as lf it was SunOS. The great thing about
NetBSD is that the source is available to you, and you can learn from it, I
have learned loads about compiling, and general programming that I would
never have learned anywhere else, and I've only been running NetBSD for
about a month! There are a few hiccups on the install, and at one stage I
was ready to give up and install 4.1.4, I'm damn glad I didn't!

At the company I work for, we use NetBSD extensively, which helped me a
little :-) NetBSD is worth the few teething problems, cause when it's up
and running you'll never look back! Upgrade to current! you will not regret
it!

Regards,
Neil.

--
Neil J. McRae.                                        Demon Internet
neil@demon.net