Subject: Re: netbsd-sparc on a Solbourne S4000?
To: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@theos.com>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/31/1995 20:11:31
> a driver that doesn't do dma, and performs it's operations somewhat
> syncronously.  from what i've heard, you can expect to see rather
> serious performance degredation using the amiga drivers.

The Amiga 3393 driver DOES do DMA.

It does not do disconnect/reconnect, but that is being worked on.

On some Amigas, sync doesn't work well; this is due to microcode bugs in
the 3393.

I get the same performance from the NetBSD driver as I do from the AmigaDOS
driver.

What's the problem here?

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key