Subject: ouch
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@theos.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/31/1995 17:13:51
some of you are going to think this is cool; i think it's sick. i
don't know why i did it. perhaps the heat got to me.

i just booted netbsd on my sparcstation from a floppy -- it's running
single user. it needed two floppies because the kernel was too large
(i think i can change that.) the 1st floppy had a /boot and /netbsd;
the 2nd had /sbin/init, /bin/sh, /dev/{console,tty,ttya}. but it came
up!

i had to boot "-as".. (and btw, i finally managed to reproduce a bug
someone else told me about before, where "-a" prints really strange
stuff.)

of course, there is no need for a GENERIC kernel on a floppy; it only
needs a simple sun4c-only kernel.