Subject: SCSI problems with Sparc ELC
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benno J. Rice <brice@ist.flinders.edu.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/31/1995 12:25:00
Hi,
	We're trying to install NetBSD on a Sparc ELC but we're having
problems even getting started as the machine we're using can't seem to get
at our SCSI drive. We've got a SCSI-1 Quantum 105Mb drive running bare (using
an Amiga sidecar power supply) with a ribbon cable from the IDC on the drive
to a Centronix connector, then a loaned cable going from the Centronix to
the mini-SCSI on the ELC. When we boot the ELC up, it complains that there is
a "Missing scsi message. Fatal error.". When we get to the boot-rom prompt,
it states that the SCSI bus is hung and maybe there is an external device
turned off. We've tried changing the drive id, various terminator combinations,
using different cables, using a different SCSI2 drive, and combinations of the
above. *Any* help would be greatly appreciated.
		Thanks,
			Benno.

   / / / /___  / /___  _________ _(_)___  ___   Holocaine the Aimless,
  / /_/ / __ \/ / __ \/ ___/ __ `/ / __ \/ _ \   Giver of Free Lollipops

Email: brice@ist.flinders.edu.au		IRC: Holocaine, Erratic