Subject: Re: snapshot of 5/15ish?
To: None <gdt@BBN.COM>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/30/1995 22:06:00

>   While poking around ftp.netbsd.org, I found a binary snapshot
> for the sparc.  If I missed the announcement of it here, I would appreciate

There hasn't been an announcement (ok now there is :). I was in the process
of installing the snapshot when access to lamp got troublesome.

I believe the userland programs can safely be used to assist in upgrading
to -current. The kernels in it are not truly generic in that some
device support is missing (the floppy driver) as well as the odd filesystem.
(Note that the kernels may not work in all cases because of the famous esp bug.)

-pk