Subject: netbsd-current SCSI problem.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex Bochannek <abochann@cisco.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/30/1995 11:14:02
Hi there!

If this question has been brought up before (or the problem even got
resolved) I apologize, but I just tried this this weekend.

I got a SS2 with 32MB RAM, one SUN424 (sd0), one Fujitsu with ~500MB
(sd1 but not mounted), two cgsix cards (only one connected to a 17"
color screeen) and one Sun supplied differential SCSI/Ethernet SBus
card.

I downloaded -current last week (Thursday I think) and was trying to
build a new kernel since there supposedly are some speed improvements
over NetBSD1.0 I just made the GENERIC_SCSI3, but upon boot-up I get
something like:

scsibus0 ... error ... error ... error
error ... error ... error ... esp0 async

and then it hangs. I don't know the exact message since the machine is
not here at work, but if it matters I can find out. It also seems to
find the dma1 for the second SCSI card OK but later complains about
unknown rev.

Anyone got some advice for me?

Thanks.

--
Alex Bochannek                  Phone       : +1 408 526 51 91
Network Analyst                 Fax         : +1 408 526 45 75