Subject: Re: theo's changes
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Derrick J. Brashear <db74+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/26/1995 13:05:14
Excerpts from internet.computing.port-sparc: 25-May-95 Re: theo's
changes  by Chris G Demetriou@LAGAVU
> The original message included in the headers the following:

>           the author.
>
> That means that, if you received a copy which wasn't authorized by me
> (and none were, except to the original recipients), it was forwarded
> to you illegally.  If you forward it to others without my permission,
You of course assume that people's mail agents don't strip headers,
and/or actually let them see all of the headers. While I realize that
mail agents which get rid of these headers are "broken", that doesn't
mean they don't exist.

Oh, and good luck actually prosecuting such a "copyright violation". I
never saw any of the messages to which you refer, as a sender or a
recipient, but this furtive behavior is very petty and is increasingly
pushing me towards simply forgetting NetBSD... and I'm sure I'm not the
only one.

>        (1) refused to acknowledge that his actions and statements
>                were unprofessional, damaging to the project, and
>                'wrong,' and has gone to great lengths to rationalize
>                them, and has

Heh. And what has ensued since has done no damage at all, right?

Excerpts from internet.computing.port-sparc: 25-May-95 Re: theo's
changes  by Chris G Demetriou@LAGAVU
>        (1) been honest in my representation of the situation to
>                people, when i've discussed it at all.  (There are
>                good reasons not to discuss it, such as privacy
>                concerns and the fact that entire situation is
>                amazingly stupid.)
*whose* privacy concerns? Yours? Theos? Someone elses? This is very vague.

I really don't understand what there is to hide, and I'd bet that
everyone airing their dirty laundry and getting it over with would help
heal whatever's ailing...

All of that is of course just my opinions, which probably count for very
little, and that's ok.

-D