Subject: Re: theo's changes
To: Derrick J. Brashear <db74+@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/26/1995 13:15:35
"Derrick J. Brashear" <db74+@andrew.cmu.edu>  wrote:
 > >        (1) been honest in my representation of the situation to
 > >                people, when i've discussed it at all.  (There are
 > >                good reasons not to discuss it, such as privacy
 > >                concerns and the fact that entire situation is
 > >                amazingly stupid.)
 > *whose* privacy concerns? Yours? Theos? Someone elses? This is very vague.
 >
 > I really don't understand what there is to hide, and I'd bet that
 > everyone airing their dirty laundry and getting it over with would help
 > heal whatever's ailing...

Airing of dirty laundry is exactly why there are reasons not to discuss
it... Remember all the dirty laundry regarding the NetBSD/FreeBSD merger?
All it did was enrage people, cause people to get overly emotional, cause
other people to make blatantly offensive statements, and destroy a great
deal of credibility for both projects.

It would and does do the opposite of heal 'ailing's... In fact, this
discussion is counter-productive, does not belong on port-sparc, and
definitely should not be taking place publicly. (Yes, I realize I
posted this publicly).

[Note: I've refrained from making my views known even though I may have
been peripherally involved. Please refrain from assuming I side with
anybody on this situation.]