Subject: Testing assistance...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/24/1995 19:07:43
Folks...

I've written an eeprom util for NetBSD/sun3 and NetBSD/sparc, but have
only had the opportunity to test it on a 3/60 and SS1.

What I need is someone out there with a Sun 4.  I have some changes to
clock.c and mem.c as well as a new file, eeprom.h, that compile, but I
have _no_ idea if they do the right thing on those boxes...basically,
it's the eeprom stuff from the sun3 port, slightly frobbed after some
very helpful info from Chuck Cranor.  If there's somebody out there with
a 200-series and likewise a 300-series who'd be willing to give these
things a whirl, please let me know.

Once the Sparc port has a working eeprom driver for the Sun 4 machines,
I'll feel better about posting `eeprom(8)', since it currently relies on
having the header file <machine/eeprom.h> for both Sun 3 and Sparc
platforms.

Moffet Field, CA 94035                                 Pager: 415.428.6939