Subject: Re: -current sparc problems
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/17/1995 12:44:27
>> esp0 at sbus0 slot 0 offset 0x800000 pri 3: ESP100 25Mhz, target 7
>> scsibus0 at esp0
>> esp0 targ 1 lun 0: <FUJITSU, M2263S-512, 0194> SCSI1 0/direct fixed
>> sd0 at scsibus0: 642MB, 1658 cyl, 15 head, 512 bytes/sec

> Because the bootpath code assumes that unit 3 == sd0.

Yeah, I seem to recall seeing a CRAZYMAP macro, with comments saying
things like "should see how the eeprom is set"....

> In the meantime, put your disk at scsi unit 3.  That's where it has
> always needed to be for NetBSD to work, after all, unless you are
> running a hacked config.

I must be missing something here.  Every kernel I've built, unless I've
specifically forced sd0 to be target 3, has put sd0 on the lowest-ID
disk on the chain.

Or does "hacked config" here refer to anything that doesn't specify
"swap generic"?  I find that "config netbsd root on sd0a swap on sd0b"
works just fine with sd0 at ID 1 and sd1 at ID 3, with -current kernel
sources (well, -current as of a week or so ago).

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu