Subject: None
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@theos.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/11/1995 20:53:43
> > zs1 at obio0 addr 0xf0000000 pri 12, softpri 6
> > bwtwo0 at obio0 addr 0xfd000000: bwtwo, 1600 x 1280 (console)
> > 	It locks up here...
>
> More likely, it keeps going, but starts sending its output to the
> bwtwo, which has no monitor attached, so you don't see it.
>
> I don't know whether it's possible to persuade the kernel that it's
> wrong about where the console is.  I suspect it's not possible without
> recompiling.

That's the ticket. Change the eeprom to indicate that it should use the
colour display. I think the file is /usr/include/mon/eeprom.h, or something
similar, in SunOS, that defines the eeprom layout. I seem to remember 0x1e
being the address, but I'm probably wrong.

Note that the obio bwtwo code has not been tested, as I don't know anyone
with a monitor. That said, I think it will work.