Subject: None
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/11/1995 17:07:43
On May 11, you wrote:
> On the Sun-3/60, which is the only machine I've ever used 1600x1280
> monitors on, the framebuffer is capable of either resolution, and comes
> up according to whether or not it's connected to a 1600x1280 monitor at
> power-up.  But since yours is coming up 1600x1280 without any monitor,
> I would tend to assume there's a setting somewhere.

  According to the Sun FE handbook, J800 pins 15-16 is a jumper
location that controls the resolution and behavior of the 3/60's
onboard frame buffer.  If the jumper is in, it forces 1600x1280.  If
it's out, it auto-selects if used with video cable p/n 530-1359 or
530-1336.  If it's out and you use a different cable, the resolution
is 1152x900.

  I checked the 4/200 pages of the guide and found nothing about a
4/200 board with an 1152x900 frame buffer.  If there was a version
produced that supported that resolution, it's not in the Sun FE guide.

                            Regards,
                            -Dave McGuire
                             Operations
                             Digital Express Group, Incorporated