Subject: None
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/11/1995 12:25:31
> I got the kernel for this box from Theo De Raadt.. and it now here's
> what i getr [ten-finger copy]

> NetBSD 1.0A (GENERIC) #62:Wed blah.......
>         deraadt@croc:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC
>         for whats its worth i dont have this directory. nothign in
>         /usr/src for me yet.... this probably isnt the problem
>         though.. anyways..

No, it's not a problem.  That's reporting the username, hostname, and
directory in which that kernel was compiled: by "deraadt" on machine
"croc" in /usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC.

> zs1 at obio0 addr 0xf0000000 pri 12, softpri 6
> bwtwo0 at obio0 addr 0xfd000000: bwtwo, 1600 x 1280 (console)
> 	It locks up here...

More likely, it keeps going, but starts sending its output to the
bwtwo, which has no monitor attached, so you don't see it.

I don't know whether it's possible to persuade the kernel that it's
wrong about where the console is.  I suspect it's not possible without
recompiling.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu