Subject: Proper timezone handling for COMPAT-SUNOS
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/10/1995 21:35:52
Just realized I needed to do this:

	# cd /usr/share
	# ln -s . lib
	# cd /usr/share/zoneinfo
	# ln US/Pacific [substitute as appropriate] localtime

Now my MBONE "sd" Session Directory tells me about upcoming MBONE sessions
in PDT instead of GMT  :-)

	- Greg

P.S. In a completely unrelated note, is anyone else having problems with
     Netscape 1.1 (1.1beta[123], 1.1N) hanging at random times?  Of course
     I'm probably the only nut/Luddite still running 1.0, but this didn't
     happen with 1.0N ... and I've been playing with Mosaic 2.6beta1 and
     it hasn't really happened with that binary, either.  Just the Netscape
     1.1 SunOS 4.1.3 linked-with-DNS binaries.

P.P.S. I still get random once-in-a-while Watchdog Reset crashes on my IPC.
       They never happened under SunOS; I am the only person who ever gets
       a Watchdog Reset crash under NetBSD/SPARC, too?