Subject: Re: NFS booting diskless
To: None <bob@isengard.stanford.edu>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/08/1995 17:50:35
> From Alex Dumitru:
>>>     My advice is to get it up diskless first.   The stuff on your
>>> PC should be good enough to boot it.    The one thing you will
>>> need is the second level bootstrap (/tftpboot/boot.sun4).   Do you
>>> have access to that?   You can get it from any SunOS machine that
>>> boots diskless by tftp.
>
> This is exactly what I need.  I don't have access to anyone's Sun-4 machine
> running a diskless box.

Don't you have access to *any* Sun-4?  Looked in /usr/kvm/stand lately?

It should contain:

boot.`arch -k`*     sh*                 vmunix*
kadb*               tpboot.`arch -k`    vmunix_small*

	- Greg

P.S. I'd help you, but we just rolled our last Sun-4 - a 4/380 w/ 96 Mb of RAM
     and a wad of Fujitsu Eagle and other ancient SMD disks et al. - out into
     the corridor last week.  And the only Sun-4 kernel arch machine I can
     access is still running 4.1.1, of all things ...