Subject: re: NFS booting diskless
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex Dumitru <alexd@system9.unisys.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/08/1995 15:58:33
[discussion refers to booting a 4/260 diskless]

According to Bob:

>I think maybe the problem is some sort of kernel loader for the sparc.

This was a suggestion that I received from Chuck in a previous discussion
about booting diskless. Due to some deadlines, I have not had the chance
to try this out. Let me know if this does the trick...

>>     My advice is to get it up diskless first.   The stuff on your
>> PC should be good enough to boot it.    The one thing you will
>> need is the second level bootstrap (/tftpboot/boot.sun4).   Do you
>> have access to that?   You can get it from any SunOS machine that
>> boots diskless by tftp.

hope this helps,

cheers
alex

--
Alex Dumitru - Independent Consultant (Unix, X11, Motif, Tcl/Tk)
Unisys Canada Inc., Geographic Information Systems R&D