Subject: Re: sparc keyboard info
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/06/1995 10:29:18
>> The keyboard (and mouse) connects through one of the on-board serial
>> devices (it's `zs1' on all sparcs).  In addition to reading
>> scan-codes from the keyboard, you can also send it a handfull of
>> commands (see kbd.[ch] for those).
> I meant lower level protocol, like RS232 vs RS423 (which is what the
> DEC keyboard uses).  Someone else told me a little bit ago that it's
> RS232 at 1200 baud.

Back when I investigated, it appeared to be TTL signal levels instead
of RS232 signal levels.  Mind you, this was a type-3 keyboard, not a
type-4.  But throw on a level shifter to get RS232 signal levels and
yes, it would be boring old 1200 baud.

> Now if I could just get the pinout of the connector, I'd be set...

It's in the Sun docs; if you have trouble finding it, drop me a line
and I can supply it (assuming I can find that piece of paper :).

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu