Subject: Re: sparc keyboard info
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, chs@catapent.com>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/06/1995 10:19:47
> I want to make a box that will allow me to hook a DEC LK201
> keyboard up to a sparc.  I have enough info on the DEC keyboard,
> but I don't know much about the sparc keyboard.  Does anyone
> have any docs on it, like what the protocol is between
> the keyboard and the sparc?

The keyboard (and mouse) connects through one of the on-board serial devices
(it's `zs1' on all sparcs). In addition to reading scan-codes from the
keyboard, you can also send it a handfull of commands (see kbd.[ch] for
those). In case you want to use a foreign as the machine's console input,
I suspect the hardest problem will be to convince the PROM to co-operate.

-pk