Subject: followup
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chuck Cranor <chuck@maria.WUSTL.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/25/1995 12:25:46
[ It's worth noting that i'm approving this, and only this, meta-message,
  (1) because of chuck's previous message to the members of this list, and
  (2) because i told him that i would.  The list will be restored to
  unmoderated status as soon as people decide to stick to the topic. - cgd ]

   Here is a brief follow-up to my previous message.   It appears that
I was under the mistaken impression that this list is fully unmoderated.
That is not the case.   The list manager has informed me of (and is
allowing me to pass on) the moderation policy of this list:

   This list is moderated.   However, as long as messages remain
"on task" (i.e. relating to "Technical discussion regarding NetBSD/sparc")
the list will operate in unmoderated mode.   However, if the messages on the
list go "off task" then the list manager will enforce the charter of the list
by making the list "moderated" and rejecting any "off task" posting.
[The list manager will inform you if your posting has been rejected,
so there should be no "silent dropping" of messages.]

   I must admit I was unaware of this previously unpublished policy of
enforcement and was a bit upset at the fact that this list had "silently"
become moderated.   Hopefully this message will clear up everyone's
doubts and confusions as to the status of this list.  Private comments
on this policy should be directed to `core@netbsd.org.'

thanks,
Chuck