Subject: Re: 4/X00 support from theo (Was: Sparc 20 ?)
To: None <D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk>
From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@roxanne.nuclecu.unam.mx>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/20/1995 16:27:27
    Well, this is just to sum to the people that want Theo back on the
    developement of NetBSD, feel free to correct me and to flame me if
    necesary.

    From a couple a messages I received to my request of knowing why
    the NetBSD core team did not let Theo had access to the CVS tree,
    it seems like the core team of the NetBSD took the decision of
    leaving Theo out of the developement group because he was being
    rude with other people related to NetBSD and because it was
    "damaging to the project" in terms of social relationships.

    Maybe the social part of the NetBSD project was somewhat damaged,
    but I do not use NetBSD because I think some of the project
    members are charming or not if that were to be the case, I would
    be running another operating system (pick your choice).

    The free software world is already too fragmented to lose a good
    programmer just because he was not nice with other people (and as
    I understand Theo was being bothered constantly by the user that
    complained about the rudeness of Theo).

    I can understand that you won't let Theo on the core team for the
    benefit of a nice relationship with the users and other developers
    of NetBSD, but as far as I know, Theo has been a responsable user
    of the code in the CVS tree, that is: there is no reason to cut
    the access to the CVS tree.

    Anyways, I'm dissapointed by the attitudes taken by the core team:
    looking how free software efforts are reduced to nothing because
    of personal problems.  If you don't want Theo as an official
    speaker of the NetBSD team, it's should be ok for most people on
    this list, just gave him access to the source tree.

    As David Brownlee said, I apologise in advance in case I really
    said something stupid.

Sentimentally,
Miguel.
--
Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.
Working ports:     i386, Atari ST, Amiga, Alpha.