Subject: Re: Sparc 20 ?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Stone <johns@cs.umr.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/20/1995 11:39:45
> two of the biggest problems with the sun4m port at this stage
> is the total lack of pmap code, and mmu code.

> theo deraadt
> has done most (all?) of the work for this port so far, but he's
> hesitant to contribute after being asked to leave core.  i do
> miss his contributions.
>
> .mrg.

   We're also missing a lot of good code that Theo has already got working
for other things.  Theo has working 4/100 code, new framebuffer
drivers, and new scsi drivers, none of which are in the tree
because he doesn't have CVS access anymore and it'd take forever to
do it any other way.  There are MANY diffs that make things like the 4/100
work.  Theo and I spent a month writing and debugging framebuffer drivers
for P4 cg6 and cg8, fixing the mouse drivers to work on the 4/x00 machines,
testing X on the new drivers, the list goes on and on.

Does anyone else even _care_ about having working 4/x00 code???
If so, lets heear from you.  I'd REALLY like to see this stuff
make it into the tree, and SOMEONE is going to have to cooperate with
Theo to make it happen.

I'm sick of this problem being under the table.  Its time that we
get all of these fixes in the tree.

So there it is.  Flame me if you must, but after spending a TON of my time
helping debug, test, and write fixes for the 4/x00 machines, I want to
see it in the tree!  It isn't doing anyone else any good if it remains
on a hard disk in Canada until the end of time.

I'm sorry if I'm stepping on toes, but I feel that my waiting patiently for
2 months has gotten me nothing, so I have to scream now.

   John Stone
   johns@cs.umr.edu