Subject: Re: Sparc 20 ?
To: Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br>
From: Rolf Grossmann <grossman@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/20/1995 03:40:50
Hi,

on Wed, 19 Apr 1995 21:57:50 +0200 Joao Carlos Mendes Luis wrote
concerning "Sparc 20 ?" something like this:

>   We're buying a Sparc 20 with Solaris 2.4.  Since I DON'T like
> Solaris, I'd like to install netbsd for sparc on it.  Does somebody
> know if the current sparc port runs over Sparc 20 ?  The 1.0 version
> explicitly says "no sun4m" !!!

This is becoming a FAQ. The answer is "no, but it's on the todo list".
In fact there are a number of people now, who are "looking at it", but
it seems like nobody really does it, for which reasons whatsoever.

Bye, Rolf