Subject: Re: Sun 4/110 supported?
To: None <rhealey@mmm.com>
From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@theos.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/19/1995 03:03:21
> Does the SPARC port support Sun 4/110's? I tried the 1.0 kernel but it
> barfed on a protection fault while it was loading in. Is there a place where
> I could fetch a -current kernel that might work?

It should work, except for these major problems:
	(1) machines lacking floating point units. Adverturous people
	    can start at sparc/fpu/fpu.c:fpu_emulate().c... and finish
	    it off. These machines are very rare.
	(2) Some machines have floating point units that exhibit bugs
	    which prevent proper operation. I tried a few things but
	    testing on the other side of the continent isn't easy, and
	    I lost my patience before finishing that.

There is no support for the 5380-based scsi in that machine, and frame
buffer support is limited.

I (and a few other people) have sources which works pretty reliably on
it; I don't think the current sources run very well on the 4/100 --
particularily relating to mouse, video, and other problems.