Subject: Re: NetBSD/sparc on sun4m/sparc20
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Rolf Grossmann <grossman@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/10/1995 18:50:06
Hi,

on Thu, 6 Apr 1995 19:56:12 +0200 Ken Hornstein wrote
concerning "NetBSD/sparc on sun4m/sparc20" something like this:

> Here at NRL I am involved with a project that involves hooking a number of
> sparc 20's up to the internal bus of a CM-5.

> a) What's the current status of the sun4m port?  (kinda started, halfway there,
>    nothing done at all?).

You might want to call it "kinda started", but the most important part, i.e.
the memory management code, is still missing. Also, on a SS20 you probably
want to use the multiprocessor capability. There is nothing like that in
NetBSD.

> b) What kind of documentation would I need to actually work on a sun4m port?

I can't really answer this, but everything about the hardware will come
handy, especially about the processor and the mmu.

Bye, Rolf