Subject: update: disklabel on netbsd/sparc
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/23/1995 12:17:43
well, my new disk arrived and i was eventually able to label it.
charles told me to use disklabel -W first, and then things were
ok.  i was able to newfs, mount, and use the file systems i
created.  but using installboot would panic the machine.  i think
it's cos installboot is still looking for a sunos label, but i've
written a netbsd one on to the disk.  i don't have the panic
message handy (i forgot which it was..)  pk?  any ideas on where
to look from here?

also, the sunos format program is able to write the "defect list"
of bad sectors.  my old hard drive lost of few sectors the other
day and i'd like to be able to fix them.  i looked at the badsect
program, but it doesn't look like the same thing.  does anyone
know how this actually works ?

hmm.. will the sun prom have a problem with a netbsd label ?

.mrg.