Subject: Re: Going from Jan8 snapshot to current
To: None <joshin@sei.com>
From: Chris Dodd <dodd@csl.sri.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/16/1995 16:29:13
> Sorry to ask such an inane question but how does one go about doing this?
> For that matter, "config{,.new} SUN4C" doesn't seem to work either.
>
> "make build" doesn't quite work.
I've been struggling my way through this and, while I'm not out of the
woods yet, I'v managed to get a bit further.

For the config{.new} problem -- it appears to have changed recently.
Go into src/usr.sbin/config{.new} and install the new versions.  I
just use `make depend && make && make install'.  Now you can go back
to the config directory and build a new kernel.

To make `make build' work, I went through the steps in the makefile
manually.  I've run into two serious problems -- libg++ and rbootd both
cause internal compiler errors.   I `fixed' the former by taking libg++
out of the SUBDIR list in gnu/lib/Makefile.  I fixed the rbootd problem
by hand-compiling the offending file WITHOUT '-funroll-loops'

I'm still waiting for it to finish compiling on a Sparcstation 1 now....

Chris Dodd
dodd@csl.sri.com